Website APG Emerging Tech
We design and build what’s next
APG Emerging Tech is seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join its team. This is a 6-month contract position with a possible extension. This position is REMOTE with the exception of key client meetings (e.g., project kick-off, other major milestones) in Atlanta.
As a Senior Business Analyst (SBA), the individual will be a key liaison between Business Stakeholders and the Software Engineering Team. Working in close coordination with the Senior Project Manager, the SBA is capable of leading by role or influence, as well as fulfilling or supporting many different roles on a software development team including scrum master, business analyst, and functional analyst. The primary responsibilities of this role include working with stakeholders to understand their business and technical requirements, building and managing the product backlog.
Who should apply:
- Thorough analysis is a passion – you are well-regarded by peers and leaders in this area.
- You have direct, hands-on experience in a SBA role working with business and technical stakeholders.
- You have experience working on a variety of software development projects simultaneously.
- You have natural curiosity towards investigation and discovery of new technology platforms, vendor and partner platforms, and understanding existing platforms.
- You have an engaging personality and ability to work with stakeholders of all communication styles.
- Be the functional and subject matter expert for the solution and act as the liaison between the Business and the Software Engineering Team.
- Define the solution by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful.
- Create detailed functional specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria for product and process enhancements.
- Work with the software engineering team to define and validate the technical approach, strategy, and deliverables for the project.
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios and validate results.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations and work products/prototypes.
Required Experience and Characteristics:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Owner or Business Systems Analyst.
- Expert knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Experience in SSO and systems integration projects a plus.
- Able to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions.
- Skilled at defining and documenting business and functional requirements for ongoing system enhancement initiatives in iterative software development environments.
- Excellent investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Experience with all types of technical documentation (process maps, BRDs, system diagrams, user experience, application maps, test plans, user stories, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage a wide variety of information.
- Experience leading sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
About APG Emerging Tech:
APG Emerging Tech designs and builds custom voice, web, and mobile digital solutions. Our unique approach to delivery leverages a flexible, collaborative methodology rooted in rapid prototyping. We align stakeholders, mitigate risk, and accelerate time to production. APG Emerging Tech is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com