Website APG Emerging Tech
We design and build what’s next
Principals only – no agencies please. See details for location requirements.
APG Emerging Tech is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager (PM) with proven successes delivering technology projects. This is a 6-month contract position with a possible extension. This position will be 80% REMOTE and 20% ONSITE requiring candidates who are located in the Metro Atlanta Area.
The ideal candidate will be a primary liaison between client senior leaders, client stakeholders and the software engineering team. Working in close coordination with the Senior Business Analyst, the PM leads by role and influence, as well as fulfilling or supporting many different roles on a software development team including delivery leader, project manager, risk manager, and process analyst. The primary responsibilities of this role include refining the project scope, project planning, schedule development and management, managing issues and risks, and summary and executive reporting on project accomplishments, roadblocks, and resolution strategies.
Who should apply:
- You understand the importance and purpose of the PM role, and will take ownership of keeping the team united, connected, and following established best practices or improving processes as needed to keep the project running smoothly.
- You are comfortable talking to the C-level and then rolling into a project meeting with the team. You know how to adapt to your audience.
- You believe your mission is to ensure quality results are delivered, on-time and on-budget.
- You enjoy fulfilling the PM role on several projects at one time.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, software development and integration environment and will enhance and evolve the delivery process throughout the project.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with senior level leaders and client stakeholders. You will keep them updated on progress, ensuring issues and risks are handled quickly and appropriately.
- Schedule meetings, lead update calls, capture actions and notes, and distribute appropriate reporting for different audiences.
- Build time estimates, develop project schedule, and address scheduling problems as they arise.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information on project phases, tasks, and duration.
- Tracking progress, maintaining plans, collecting updates, and publishing appropriate reporting for different audiences.
- Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project scope.
- Communicate project changes and events to concerned parties.
- Acts as a liaison between consultants, engineers, and clients to ensure effective project coordination among participating teams.
- Facilitate communication among project participants to expedite project processes and to resolve issues and problems.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings on project status and issue resolution.
- Monitor and report project progress on objectives, timeframe, scope, quality, and costs.
- Log risks, escalate appropriately, and lead the team to find a response.
- Receive information on project status, changes, and issues. Identify potential sources for issue resolution and contact appropriate parties to initiate action.
- Maintain excellent communications, both with client and internally, setting and reinforcing expectations and ensuring there are no surprises.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 7+ years of experience as a Project or Program Manager or Delivery Leader.
- Expert knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban.
- Able to communicate effectively with C-level (senior leaders), business stakeholders, and software teams to drive effective, timely solutions.
- Proven success driving PM leadership for several technology projects at one time.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage a wide variety of information.
- Experience leading sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certification in project management is a plus (PMP).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with client stakeholders.
- Skilled in G Suite and MS Office.
- Experience in SSO and systems integration projects is a plus.
- Excellent investigative, analytic, and interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently while also creating cohesion across the team.
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Experience with all types of technical documentation (process maps, BRDs, system diagrams, user experience, application maps, test plans, user stories, etc.).
About APG Emerging Tech:
At APG Emerging Tech, we are always designing and building for what’s next. We are experts in voice, web, and mobile digital solutions. We take the routine and automate it. We deliver seamless technology integrations for growing organizations. Our approach leverages a flexible, collaborative methodology rooted in rapid prototyping. We align stakeholders, mitigate risk, and accelerate time to production. This allows us to create amazing results for our clients and be good stewards of our clients’ resources. APG Emerging Tech is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com