Website Lambda Legal
Job Title: Office Manager/Regional Program Coordinator
Location: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Regional Director (with dotted line to National Operations Manager)
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-time
Union Status: Grade 2
Lambda Legal seeks a Office Manager/Regional Program Coordinator (OM/RPC) to join their Development Department. The Regional Program Coordinator reports to the Regional Director and works closely with staff in the Development, Communications, Finance and Operations, and Legal departments to maintain and expand Lambda Legal’s events, programs, and outreach.
WHO WE ARE
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work. Since 1973, Lambda Legal has used impact litigation and other advocacy tools to decriminalize same-sex relationships; challenge discrimination against LGBTQ people and people living with HIV in the workplace, in the home, in schools, in health care, and in the military; and protect LGBTQ families, including by winning and defending marriage equality. Clients are not charged for legal representation or advocacy and Lambda Legal receives no government funding. Headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington, D.C.
We believe that serving the full breadth of the LGBTQ and HIV communities requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. To be successful, we must approach our work with an understanding that discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity is not the only obstacle to achieving full formal and lived equality for LGBTQ people and everyone living with HIV; rather, we recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination, specifically including biases based on race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, education, and class. In light of this reality, we prioritize awareness and proactive commitment to counteracting these biases and their compounding effects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, manages, executes, and/or assists on a wide range of special events and programs, and represents Lambda Legal in the communities we serve.
- Together with the Development team, in particular, the OM/RPC is responsible for overseeing the smooth processing and recording of regional donations and receipts by working with staff across the Development and Finance and Operations Departments.
- The OM/RPC works directly with the Regional Director and Major Gifts Officers (MGOs), event staff, volunteer committees, volunteer leadership, and all corporate and institutional sponsors of assigned events.
- Helps manage tasks required for a successful event including: developing budgets and timelines; devising solicitation strategies; negotiating vendor contracts; organizing site visits; volunteer coordination; design and production of event promotional materials including invitations, social media and other collateral; ticketing and seating; etc.
- Manages online development materials, email correspondence, and regional social media pages/publicity, in coordination with Events Staff, the Regional Director, and MGOs and maintain complete and accurate records of all Development events and fundraising across the region, including the internal event calendar and creation of event modules and revenue codes in Raisers Edge.
- Oversees proper data entry for donations and work with the Database team to correct errors and omissions.
- Trains Development interns and new Development staff in Raiser’s Edge, all other database management tools, and event procedures.
- Serves as coordinator for all pride participation and other community outreach across the region: with particular focus on outreach to BIPOC and Trans/GNC communities.
- Works with Communications, Legal, and Development staff on the participation and presence of Lambda Legal at select pride celebrations and other community outreach events. Duties include registering for parades/marches as well as booth/table staffing, securing and displaying material and collateral, scheduling and staffing of volunteers and post-event tracking of visitors and volunteers into the appropriate database.
- Coordinates programs and publicity for regional staff and other staff visiting the region for speaking and other public programs.
- Works with staff to be aware of program staff appearance schedules in the region, advises the Regional Director and Major Gifts Officers of those public appearances, publicizes program staff public appearances to membership through email, event pages and social media and collects and imports event participant contact information into the appropriate database.
- Works with National Office Manager for on-the-ground dealings with building management office for any needs and or problems that arise in office; oversees any work undertaken by repair or cleaning personnel; keeps track of all security needs and keys. Maintains office supplies and orders when necessary with prior approval of Regional Director. Oversees organization and upkeep of the office.
- Serves as a resource for basic training on all office equipment and enterprise software.
- Coordinates with National Office Manager for any related vendors, contractors, external trainers, or other outsourced services that supports the operations of the Regional Office. Creates and oversees the maintenance of physical and network filing systems for the office.
- Makes deposits, safeguards cash, and manages checkbook as necessary. Maintains and secures regional office petty cash funds; and balances account and reports regularly to Regional Director and Operations and Finance Department. Assists with payments to vendors, reviews for accuracy and processes invoices and requests for payment. Provides support for all activity related to incoming gifts and event transactions, including event sponsorships.
- Coordinates regional office and national staff meetings; sets agenda for meetings in consultation with Regional Director; responsible for regional office calendar and produces written minutes as needed of meetings. Maintains conference room schedule. Coordinates other regional office conference calls. Coordinates other staff activities (e.g., staff retreats, celebrations) in coordination with the Regional Director.
- Prepares workspace, keys, paperwork, and other office-specific information for new employees and interns. Provides basic office routine information for orientation.
- Receives/directs incoming phone calls; checks, forwards and clears voicemail from the general and unassigned phone lines, greets and announces guests. Develops and implements a plan to manage their reception duties while out of the office.
- Participates in the organization-wide Operations meetings and represents the regional office on other committees as assigned by Regional Director. Meets weekly with Regional Director to provide updates on all office management.
- Files, scans and copies, as needed. Distributes/posts mail, ships and receives packages, sends/receives and distributes faxes. Provides direct support to Regional Director as needed including, but not limited to, expense reporting and travel assistance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competencies:
- 1-3 years of experience in not-for-profit development, events production and/or events management.
- Verbally articulate with strong written communication skills.
- Occasional ability to travel and work evenings and weekends required.
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and independently motivated.
- Computer skills required include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge (or other fund-raising software.)
- Convio, Drupal, Adobe Illustrator, HTML or other design skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram desired.
- Any successful candidate will welcome the opportunity to work in a racially- and gender diverse environment and to contribute to a positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Working at Lambda Legal requires a demonstrated awareness of and commitment to the concerns of the breadth of the communities that Lambda Legal serves. Prior work on behalf of the LGBTQ community and/or people living with HIV and/or experience working with other historically marginalized communities (in a professional or volunteer capacity) is preferred.
Oversees and manages volunteer committees, event volunteers, and consultants.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, travel will be minimal. In the future, however, some amount of travel (~30%) may be required.
The health and well-being of our employees and their loved ones are of the utmost importance to us. During the Pandemic, we have chosen to close our offices temporarily. Our employees are mostly working from home, some employees have returned to work in the office voluntarily. We follow CDC and Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety of employees who occasionally need to work from the office. We have an employee task force that is continually evaluating and assessing when we can re-open.
Salary is based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The annual salary range for a Regional Program Coordinator starts at $48,114. Benefits include short and long-term disability, life insurance, basic medical and dental plan at no cost to the employee, with an opportunity to obtain additional coverage for themselves or their family including vision at a low cost. Option to enroll in a pre-tax health flexible spending account, dependent care account, and commuter transit account. Option to defer earnings to a 403(b)-retirement plan. Paid time off includes the opportunity to accrue up to 15 days of vacation, 3 personal and 12 sick. Lambda Legal observes 10 holidays per year and is supportive of observance of religious holidays.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Send resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how you learned of the job opening via email only to:
Atlanta: Michael Shutt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago: Brian Richardson at email@example.com
Dallas: Avery Belyeu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles: Shedrick Davis at email@example.com
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and cannot notify all applicants of status.
Lambda Legal is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of LGBTQ, HIV-affected and allied communities, and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-diverse people, women, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, people living with disabilities, and individuals living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org