Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in managing heavy vehicle maintenance projects to include heavy duty buses, or truck/automotive electrical and electronic control systems. Must possess a high level of verbal, written analytical research, and technical problem-solving skills. Must possess intermediate to advanced level computer skills. In lieu of degree, directly related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS:
The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Performs advanced troubleshooting, problem solving, and conducts advanced failure analysis to determine primary causes of failure of engines, transmissions, and other subsystems of revenue vehicles. Develops and administers formal improvement and changes to advanced technical practices in Bus Maintenance. Monitors the quality of in-house and vendor engine and other component rebuilds. Performs new product testing performance. Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business. Performs work that affects business operations to a substantial degree. Responsible for developing and issuing Service Information Bulletins to Bus Maintenance for maintenance practices and campaigns. Responsible for monitoring and changing the Preventive Maintenance Program (PM) to achieve maximum productivity. Continually monitors and changes maintenance programs to reflect current maintenance challenges.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts advanced failure analysis to determine primary causes of failures of engines, transmissions, and other subsystems of revenue vehicles.
2. Completes tests on new products and equipment to determine performance.
3. Develops and administers formal improvement and changes to advanced technical practices in Bus Maintenance.
4. Monitors quality of in-house and vendor engine and transmission rebuilds.
5. Prepares technical specifications for bus related procurement(s).
6. Reviews/analyzes and uses data generated by Maintenance Information Systems(MIS) as input into the decision- making process.
7. Responsible for monitoring/creating/issuing Service Information Bulletins to Bus Maintenance.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must possess a valid class C Georgia License
MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
$56,066 – $84,098
To apply for this job please visit itsmarta.com.