*POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED*
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field and a minimum of six years of human resources experience, including HRIS analysis, security administration, and systems implementation experience. Demonstrated proficiency in database system design, analysis and problem resolution preferred. Must have the ability to customize network and enterprise software products and reports. Highly effective planning, verbal, writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills required. Transit system experience along with Oracle experience is preferred. Advanced skills in personal computer applications required, along with a working knowledge of the most current security technology measures concerning security monitoring. Knowledge and understanding of Human Resources policies and procedures is required. Must be knowledgeable of the State of Georgia Records Act, Open Records Act, and the Freedom of Information Act. Must have knowledge of employment security and surveillance laws. In lieu of a degree, directly related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Serves as the technical point-of-contact for the Department of HR and leads technology projects and/or assignments that ensure the validity and accuracy of HR data integrity, testing of system changes, troubleshooting, report writing, and analyzing of data flows for continuous operational efficiency and process improvements. Assists various workgroups (i.e. IT, Budget, Payroll, etc.) with the implementation of Human Resource Management System (HRMS) upgrades, patch testing and other technical projects as needed. Researches, develops, and implements related systems, processes, and reporting tools to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the day-to-day operations. Maintains and enhances HR systems to ensure business goals are continuously supported efficiently and effectively. Coordinates special requests and/or projects for HR data analysis and reporting. Represents the Office of Human Resources in various committees targeting improved processes and increased efficiency. Responds to various requests for data analysis from the Office of the AGM of Human Resources and MARTA’s executive management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Functions as liaison between HR and other organizational areas to include: Information Technology, HRIS, FIS, and Budgeting Systems staff to resolve programming and data quality issues. Coordinates data downloads from other systems into HRIS/ERP applications for data warehousing. Conducts studies to address system integration problems related to HR management systems. Evaluates system policies and procedures and recommends appropriate revisions.
2. Analyzes, monitors and maintains HR systems and processes to ensure business goals are efficiently and effectively supported; and makes recommendations for improvements or modifications. Participates in formulating policies and procedures related to HR system and data security in conjunction with the HR Continuity Operations Plan.
3. Coordinates HR software changes, monitors project testing phases, and revises system documentation. Prepares test scripts for quality assurance testing, upgrades and year-end regulatory patches.
4. Develops and conducts training programs for human resource management systems.
5. Coordinates special requests for HR data analysis and reporting in response to requests from internal/external customers. Identifies data sources and methods for retrieving data and conducts special studies to analyze and model data.
6. Collaborates with IT and Payroll to resolve systematic issues through troubleshooting; defining data fields; establishing tables; and assisting in the preparation and planning of file interfaces.
7. Prepares customized reports for internal areas such as Human Resources, Legal, Budget, Labor Relations, and external agencies. Ensures data and reports comply with the MARTA Act and internal controls, policies and procedures.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Number of Openings
AGM HUMAN RESOURCES
To apply for this job email your details to MARTA_Diversity@itsmarta.com