“Please be advised that being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment, and proof of said vaccination will be required at the time that your employment commences.”
POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a two-year technical school degree in diesel systems or related fields (i.e. automotive, diesel, aircraft, etc.) or a DOT approved bus maintenance apprenticeship. Minimum of four years of progressive automated/diesel maintenance experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to use MS Word and PowerPoint to create training presentations, handouts and exams. Experience may substitute for technical degree on a year for year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Conducts apprentice and mechanic training courses as well as on-the-job training in the maintenance and repair of bus electrical systems, diesel and CNG engines, heavy automatic transmissions, HVAC, and brake and air systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts classroom and on-the-job instruction for all journeymen and apprentice mechanical personnel to enhance the knowledge and improve the skills and abilities necessary to effectively maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all related equipment.
2. Provides for the development and/or acquisition of training programs and materials for classroom and on-the-job training. Recommends improvements to the existing programs.
3. Instructs trainees in the safe use of shop equipment and tools.
4. Monitors and evaluates the progress of employees in training and identifies overall training of units supported, by developing and delivering training programs. Identifies performance deficiencies and recommends future training. Assists branch managers in identifying training needs.
5. Completes, submits, and maintains accurate up-to-date training records, required reports and schedules.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Instructor must attain ASE Transit Bus certification for primary teaching courses within twelve (12) months of assuming the instructor position.
Must attain ASE Master Transit Bus certification within twenty-four (24) months of assuming the instructor position. Must maintain the certification(s) for the duration of their tenure as a bus maintenance technical instructor.
Commercial Driver’s License required.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
$47,700. MID $59,625. $71,550
To apply for this job please visit itsmarta.com.