INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Associate degree in Mechanics or related field. Four years’ experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy equipment powered by diesel or natural gas. Knowledge of light wheeled (utility/non-revenue) gasoline, diesel, and natural gas powered vehicles required. Must be familiar with automated maintenance management systems and automated inventory control systems. Must possess good oral and written communications skills and have familiarity with desktop computers and standard operating programs. Directly related work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of educational requirement.
THIS POSTING IS TO FILL THE CURRENT VACANCY AND TO ESTABLISH AN ELIGIBILITY LIST THIS TO FILL ANY FUTURE VACANCIES THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS
Supervises and coordinates the work of maintenance personnel in the preventive maintenance, inspection, overhaul, servicing and repair of the Authority’s revenue and non-revenue fleets. Assists when required, represented employees in the troubleshooting of vehicles and ensures all test, metering, and diagnostic equipment is used properly. Routinely instructs employees in techniques/processes of using hands in demonstrations and/or performance of a task. Serves as the first line quality assurance specialist to ensure repairs are performed correctly and completely. Prepares and administers time and attendance records for assigned personnel. Enforces the labor contract and takes disciplinary action as needed. Responsible for maintenance and property accountability for Authority shop fixed asset equipment within work areas. Orders routine expendable bench stock and supplies as necessary. Performs other duties as required. Responsible for serviceability and stockage of radio service trucks. Ensures the garage workplace is maintained in a high state of order and cleanliness. Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business. Performs work that affects business operations to a substantial degree.
1. Assigns work to and supervises unit employees. Using the Computerized Maintenance Management System, ensures day-to-day activities, in support of unit work goals, are completed in an efficient and cost-effective manner within established policies and procedures. Routinely instructs employees in techniques/processes of using hands in demonstrations and/or performance of a task.
2. Coaches personnel on proper performance of work, frequently providing direct technical assistance.
3. Serves as the first line Quality Assurance Specialist to ensure repairs are performed correctly and completely.
4. Responsible for maintenance and property accountability for Authority shop and fixed asset equipment within work areas.
5. Enforces the labor contract and takes disciplinary action as needed.
6. Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business.
7. Performs work that affects business operations to a substantial degree.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Note: MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.