INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
An Associate’s Degree in business administration, business management or a related field from an accredited school. Four years of experience performing transit-oriented operations, preferably in bus and/or rail operations. Previous experience in a leadership role as a supervisor or manager is desired. Extensive knowledge of transit system, rail/bus system, and overall transportation services, and Rail Standard Operating procedures is required. Must have a valid Class ‘B’ CDL with a ‘P’ (passenger) endorsement.
THIS POSTING IS TO FILL THE CURRENT VACANCY AND TO ESTABLISH AN ELIGIBILITY LIST THIS TO FILL ANY FUTURE VACANCIES THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS
Serves as the first line of supervision for the Light Rail Operations to ensure compliance with all operating and safety rules. Directs and supervises the work of the Light Rail Operators from right-of-way locations to ensure safe and efficient service; observes vehicle movements, rail stop cleanliness and all related activities on a daily basis and initiates corrective action as needed. Identifies and informs employees of hazards in the workplace; and responds to health and safety concerns of employees in a timely manner.
1. Directs and supervises the work of the Light Rail Operators from right-of-way locations to ensure safe and efficient service. Observes vehicle movement through ride checks and unannounced checks, rail stop cleanliness and all related activities on a daily basis and initiates any corrective action as needed.
2. Provides leadership and works with staff to develop and retain highly competent, customer service-oriented staff through day-to-day management practices that support MARTA’s Light Rail Operations’ objectives and expectations. Assists Light Rail Operations staff in implementation of new or revised rules, procedures or training programs.
3. Facilitates vehicle movement by assisting operators and Maintenance in vehicle inspection. Operates rail vehicles in service as necessary. Must be able to troubleshoot rail vehicles and equipment malfunctions and assist in correcting any malfunction in a timely manner.
4. Assists in the documentation of accidents and other service disruptions. Assists in coordination of temporary around any disruptive events; defines limits of service.
5. Responsible for the operational safety program. Ensures Operators follow safety practices in their work methods and procedures. Educates assigned personnel of rules and regulations, codes, safe work habits and potential hazards of their work environment. Must complete accident reports and investigate any risk claims.
6. Responds to evening or weekend operational problems or emergencies as required.
7. Acts as a customer service representative and fare inspector as needed. Provides guidance and assistance to customers on the light rail service.
8. Flags motorists and streetcars as required.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A Valid State of Georgia license: Class A or B with a ‘P’ endorsement. Must possess current DOT Medical Card
Note: MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.
Number of Openings
SUPT LIGHT RAIL TRANSPORTATION
$47,700 – $71,550
Both Internal and External
To apply for this job email your details to MARTA_Diversity@itsmarta.com