POSITION POSTED UNTIL A VIABLE POOL OF CANDIDATES HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An Associate Degree in environmental safety or related field. Five years of experience in wastewater monitoring and/or inspection of a wastewater treatment plant or a related industry. Knowledge of principles and practices of industrial and hazardous waste inspection, local, state and federal industrial wastewater pretreatment laws and regulations are required. Must be certified as a Georgia Wastewater Industrial Operator. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Must be able to operate personal computer and use related software at an intermediate level. Directly related work experience may be substituted in-lieu of the educational requirement.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Monitors the operation of wastewater industrial treatment plant pumps, motors, and other equipment for compliance with federal and local discharge limitations. Makes calculations to determine if plant is operating correctly and effectively and makes necessary adjustments to maintain chemical balances and flow requirements. Maintains an effective working relationship with the Building and Support Equipment crews and may be required to assist the crews to conduct repairs on an as needed basis. Writes reports to the City, County, State on the discharge results under the discharge permit to keep MARTA from incurring fines or judgments. Makes presentations to industry and government representatives and other interested parties, to explain the purpose and objectives of the industrial pre-treatment program. Supervises, coordinates and oversees the work of contractors. Ensures all MARTA Green initiatives are achieved with respect to water conservation. This includes working with all other Water Shed/Water Authorities that provide water and sewer for MARTA facilities. Reads gauges, dials and other instruments and maintains and updates accurate plant operational data and logs. Inspects, samples, tests, monitors, and documents industrial wastewater discharged into the City’s sewage systems. Cleans, maintains, installs, and operates portable automatic samplers, flow meters and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitors the operation of wastewater industrial treatment plant pumps, motors, and other equipment for compliance with federal and local discharge limitations. Read gauges, dials and other instruments and maintains and updates accurate plant operational data and logs.
2. Makes calculations to determine if plant is operating correctly and effectively and makes necessary adjustments to maintain chemical balances and flow requirements. Adjust treatment plant equipment to obtain maximum efficiency and treatment results.
3. Collects required wastewater samples for laboratory tests and may perform some routine laboratory analyses. Must have the ability to read and interpret technical reports as required by Georgia EPD. Uses chemicals to treat wastewater as part of IWTP (Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant) operations.
4. Monitors and operates IWTP pre-treatment systems and associated SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and display for alarms. Correct problems and communicates via phone and radio with Building & Support Equipment Foreman and R.S.C.C.
5. Ensures all MARTA Green initiatives are achieved with respect to water conservation. This will include working with all other Water Shed/Water Authorities that provide water and sewer for MARTA facilities. This will require monitoring water consumption, water rates, sewer usage, sewer rates, industrial surcharges, storm water runoff fees and the calibration of water meters.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS,
Georgia State C.D.L. Georgia Wastewater Industrial Certification.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
$47,700- Mid $59,625- $71,550
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.