Position will be posted until a viable pool of candidates has been established
Bachelor’s Degree either in Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related discipline, advanced degree preferred, and a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience managing information systems design and deployment for business performance management, budget solution development, and financial analysis.
Six years of supervisory/managerial experience. Must have extensive experience in both Microsoft and Oracle technology stacks. Must be able to create and manage databases, perform complex analysis, build and generate complex reports, and conduct short and long-range project planning studies. Must be experienced in the use of Oracle ERP systems, Oracle Business Intelligence, SharePoint, MS Access databases, MS Visio, MS Project, BI Hummingbird, NextFare, data warehousing, Visual Basic programming, OLAP technology, Minitab, and advanced concepts of Microsoft Excel.
Must also have expertise with project management and Six Sigma standards and processes, SQL, MS PowerPoint, and Crystal Reports. Must have knowledge of risks and controls, as well as internal/external fraud prevention and detection experience. This position requires direct experience working with the offices of Accounting, Management & Budget, Treasury Services, and Revenue Operations. In lieu of the educational requirement, directly related experience in a business/technology field may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments
Manages the design, build, and deployment of the Authority’s budget information system. Builds and distributes financial performance and analysis reports, including the annual Budget Book.
Directly manage the conversion of legacy budgeting systems to Hyperion and supervise associated contractors and vendors on behalf of the Division of Finance. Responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from all levels of management. Designs, builds, and deploys Power BI dashboards, analyses, and reporting for finance and related subjects.
Manages the SharePoint site collection, design and build process for submittal of the Authority-wide annual budget. Conducts Six Sigma Projects and serves as Project Manager for finance/technology related projects in the Office of Management & Budget. Conducts comparative Financial Statement analysis, distributes the annual budget, and generates forecast and variance reports. Develops and maintains databases, and designs reporting tools to monitor the Authority’s personnel status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the design, build, and deployment of the budget information system used to manage the Authority’s budget monitoring and financial analysis functions. Collects, distributes, manipulates, and reports data from a variety of systems, including Oracle EBS, MS SharePoint, MS Access, data warehouse, Teledriver, FA Suite, and Hummingbird. Builds and distributes financial performance and analysis reports and responds to ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from management.
2. Directly manages the implementation of Hyperion to replace legacy budgeting systems. Oversees and conducts the modifications of existing database structures to enable the conversion to the new system. Administers and performs quality assurance testing of the new platform. Directs reporting migration and setup as well as new reporting requests. Manages contractors and third-party vendors associated with implementation and maintenance of the system. Acts as a trainer for power users of the new system. Creates, tests, and deploys new budget collection processes for the Authority.
3. Designs, builds, and deploys Power BI dashboards, analyses, and reporting for finance and related subjects for use by senior and executive management. Performs and supports analysis and ad hoc reporting using Power BI.
· Build and support dashboards, reports, & analyses in Power BI for Overtime reporting to executive management.
· Develop Power BI solutions to report on complex Authority-wide HR and Payroll metrics such as scheduled vs unscheduled absenteeism, vacancy savings calculations, and position-level OT budget vs. actuals for executive management.
· Plan, coordinate, and execute ETL (Extraction, Transformation, & Loading) of data between the budget information system, HRIS, Oracle E-Business suite and the data warehouse. Oversee the work of system administrators in Budget, HRIS, Accounting, and data warehouse regarding data flowing into/from the budget information system.
4. Manages annual SharePoint site collection design and build for Authority-wide annual budget submittal process. Builds and maintains SharePoint sites, hierarchal summaries, call package models, document workflows, and financial/status reports.
· Design Authority-wide SharePoint layout for the annual budget. Build, post, and test complex financial summary models on each office’s site. Build summaries and electronic links and reporting for Department, Division, and Authority roll-ups.
· Build and monitor electronic workflows for financial document approval related to the annual budget submittal in SharePoint.
· Execute and manage authority-wide call package ETL from SharePoint into the budget information system.
· Develop and test OMB solutions in SharePoint 2013 using Performance Point, Excel Services, Visio Services etc.
5. Conducts Six Sigma Projects and serves as a leading resource for the implementation/support of Six Sigma standards, techniques, and tools.
6. Serves as Project Manager for finance/technology related projects in the Office of Management & Budget.
7. Conducts comparative Financial Statement analysis, programmatically calculates and distributes the annual budget, and generates forecast and variance reports.
8. Develops and maintains databases and designs reporting tools to monitor the Authority’s personnel status. Reviews position status and budget implementation to ensure consistency with the annual budget. Reviews, analyzes and recommends proposed staffing and/or organizational changes.
9. Oversees financial software review and testing. Represents the office/Authority regarding budget software packages and financial/data application recommendations and selection.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Manages the Financial Systems Administrator, oversees technical contract professionals assigned to the Office of Management & Budget, & project management oversight of project members, consultants, and contractors.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Project Management Professional (PMP) and Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (SSCBB) preferred.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.