The Performance Analyst is responsible for high level data analysis and providing business information to Board of Directors and Executive level staff. The Performance Analyst provides MARTA decision makers with Authority-wide performance analyses, benchmarking and process improvements for short-term and long-term financial, operational and organizational decision-making and improvements. Based on the broad scope of work, the Performance Analyst job functions are categorized into four different specialties based on how data are collected: Service Monitoring, Transit Research, Automated Systems, and Operational and Financial Performance Monitoring and Reporting.
Performance Analyst – Service Monitoring
Validates data and manages databases acquired by the Authority through traffic checks and automated systems. Analyzes traffic check data in support of Performance Measure calculations, trend analyses, and Bus average trip length calculations.
Performance Analyst – Transit Research
Validates data and manages databases acquired by the Authority through survey research data collection methods. Utilizes demographic data and vehicle trip lists in the development of sampling designs for research projects. Uses complex statistical software methods to analyze and integrate data, establish accuracy measures and confidence intervals. Uses demographic data to plan survey research project sampling designs, and randomly selects vehicle trips for sampling purposes.
Performance Analyst – Automated Systems
Validates data and manages databases acquired by the Authority through automated systems as Continental and Breeze Systems. Integrates and reports ridership from automated systems, conducts root-cause analysis, and trouble-shoots system malfunctions in order to audit data path(s) and identify scenarios for data loss. Analyzes passenger count data, and report systems, route, and block ridership.
Performance Analyst – Operational and Financial Performance Monitoring and Reporting
Develops and conducts an integrated program to accurately track and analyze operations performance on strategic and tactical levels. Develops analytical methods to identify key opportunities for operations performance improvement. Conducts investigative analysis of operations opportunities for improvement to develop applicable data collection and validation processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides Authority-wide performance analyses relating to Service Monitoring, Transit Research and Ridership and Revenue, and operational and financial performance monitoring and reporting for the purpose of benchmarking and process improvement.
2. Responsible for high level and tactical data analysis and providing information to decision makers for short-term and long-term financial, operational and organizational decision-making and improvements.
3. Collects and analyzes data for the purpose of forecasting future ridership and passenger revenue, statistics, performance measure calculations, trend analyses and Bus average trip length calculation. Reports ridership, operational, and financial data to the Federal Transit Administration through the National Transit Database, including data impacting the federal funding formula.
4. Provides MARTA decision makers with Authority-wide performance analyses, benchmarking and process improvements for short-term and long-term financial, operational and organizational decision-making and improvements. Develops and implements annual and long-range performance measures that align with the Authority’s goals, major strategies, programs and resource requirements.
5. Makes presentations to the Board of Directors, GM/CEO and Senior Management as required providing recommendations and information on the status of overall performance within the Authority. Develops position papers as required by the GM/CEO.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration, Mathematics/Statistics, Transportation Planning, Information Technology, Engineering, Organizational Performance, or a related field is required. Four years of progressively responsible experience in data collection, validation, and analysis, forecasting based on statistical analysis, and design of strategies for organizational improvement. Experience using business management techniques, performance and efficiency measurement, root cause analysis, process mapping, and quality management is preferred. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, adept in the interpretation, presentation, and reporting of operational and financial performance data. A Master’s degree in one of the above fields is highly desired. Directly related work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in-lieu of educational requirement.
Assist with field supervision. Provide guidance and clarification as it relates to work performed. Reviews work for accuracy and completion. Conduct project related training for new employees.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.