Website Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
One of the largest transit agencies in the United States
Supports development of annual and long-range Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Supports and assists with preparation of draft CIP budget for review and approval by CIP Delivery Committee, Executive Management Team, Deputy General Manager, General Manager and MARTA Board. Works with portfolio managers and project owners and project’s sponsors in MARTA business units to perform upfront project planning activities to define the scope, schedule and estimated budget for potential CIP projects.
Assists with developing and maintaining project scoping and screening processes and templates. Provides required training for MARTA staff Authority wide on project scoping and screening processes, procedures and templates. Performs required communication efforts to MARTA business units on processes and procedures for executing the annual CIP call for projects process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists with preparation of initial draft of annual and long-range CIP for review by CIP Delivery Committee, Executive Management Team, Deputy General, General Manager and MARTA Board.
2. Provides staff support as required to CIP Delivery Committee, Executive Management Team, Deputy General Manager, General Manager and MARTA Board during the review of the proposed CIP, making necessary adjustments to the draft CIP to reflect review comments.
3. Prepares project scope definitions for potential CIP projects including a detailed scope definition, high-level project schedule and initial project budget estimate; these activities include preparation of initial project checklists and project origination documents for all potential CIP projects and preparation of more detailed feasibility studies for projects with larger estimated budgets or a higher risk profile.
4 Prepares and maintains a detail budget by phase for the entire scope of a proposed project including design, construction management, design support during construction, support staff, insurance and contingency.
5 Utilizes schedule and cost data to develop annual budgets for proposed CIP projects to expand, maintain, and renovate the MARTA transit system.
6. Analyzes and determine the potential impacts of proposed CIP projects on MARTA’s operations.
7. Develops and utilizes spreadsheet models to evaluate project performance, prepare cash flow analysis and forecast costs for projects.
8. Maintains project information and budgets in the Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) system and project management systems.
9. Estimates additional costs to operate and maintain assets acquired or renovated through capital projects. Estimates asset life cycle costs.
10. Generates and maintains project checklists, project origination documents, feasibility studies, project charter and baseline documents, initial project schedules, initial project budgets, initial project financial plans and any other project baseline documents for assigned candidate projects and approved projects in the CIP; works with assigned project controls analyst to ensure these documents are updated as required based on approved changes to project scope, schedule and budget.
11. Develops and maintains assigned aspects of project scoping and screening processes. Prepares and maintain assigned templates for initial project checklists, project origination documents, feasibility studies, project baseline and charter documents and other project scoping and screening documents.
12. Provide training for MARTA staff Authority wide on project scoping and screening processes, procedures and supporting templates for executing the annual CIP call for projects process. Executes required communication efforts to MARTA staff across all business units on procedures for executing the annual CIP call for projects process.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification in Project Management (PMP), Cost Engineer (CCE) and/or Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) is highly desired.
Areas of Emphasis:
· Excel spreadsheets
· Budget experience/CIP
· Project Scheduling Software/Oracle Unifier or any other cost mgmt. system
· Training experience/Strong Interpersonal communication skills/presentation experience
· Experience engaging with stakeholders
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.