Website Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
One of the largest transit agencies in the United States
Serves as part of the leadership team for the Department of Technology, responsible for project status assessment and communicating the status of multiple projects to the CIO, executive staff, department heads, project teams and third-party vendors. Responsible for managing project risks and developing successful mitigation strategies for multiple projects simultaneously and negotiating with senior staff and third-party vendors to resolve project issues. Proactively communicates with Authority senior staff, technology project leads and third-party vendors, delivering concise, transparent, intricate messages involving major technology project issues. Provides strong analytical and product management skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Leads project administration of technology projects that focus on providing excellence in service delivery for project-based work to multiple departments and provides second level support for incident and risk management relating to projects. Manages the complete communication process for the administration of Technology projects including project status, delays, and cost overruns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Present a consistent interface between the CIO, Technology Directors, and Senior Management regarding project management within authority.
2. Responsible for managing complex project issues with the project team and reducing impacts on the project and the Authority. Work with project managers on project issues and issue resolution to ensure uniform operations process.
3. Act as an escalation point for all project related issues that could impact the relationship with the Authority. Successfully resolve escalated delivery issues as recorded by the Programs Management Office.
4. Works with project managers to manage risks with the project team and develops successful mitigation strategies.
5. Improves the level of customer satisfaction as objectively measured with the Authority and sustain satisfaction levels of customers where current measures are adequate.
6. Works with the Project Management Office to validate and verify project completion and customer satisfaction.
7. Responsible for negotiating with Senior Staff and third-party vendors to resolve project issues.
8. Conduct regular review sessions with project managers to ensure that the Department of Technology is delivering the expected level of business value across projects.
9. Responsible for producing, updating and maintaining a project schedule for each assigned project. Reviews the schedules for detail and accuracy for each project assigned to the Project Managers. Communicating any issues that will impact on-time delivery to the appropriate level of management.
10. Responsible for producing status reports for all assigned projects and for reviewing status reports for each project assigned to the Project Managers.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervises the Technology Project Coordinator and Technology Staff Interns.
Certified Project Manager certification required, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee orapplicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.