Website Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
One of the largest transit agencies in the United States
Engages in activities necessary to ensure public safety, law enforcement, security and crime prevention. Some duties are performed under stressful or life-threatening circumstances or require physical restraint of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs patrol activities and related tasks such as vehicle and foot patrols, traffic control, security checks, crowd control and assisting persons in distress (includes providing emergency medical care to ill or injured persons).
2. Carries out apprehension and arrest procedures; issues warnings and citations; investigates accidents, complaints, and incidents; preserves crime scenes and gathers evidence; testifies in court.
3. Operates communications equipment and police vehicles; follows procedures regarding the use of firearms and the use of force; maintains equipment in excellent working order.
4. Prepares and submits accurate police reports; successfully completes all training requirements; conforms to the Police Services Dress Code.
5. Communicates with and offers assistance to the public; answers questions; responds to complaints or problems in tactful and diplomatic manner. Strives to meet MARTA Police Services goals to provide for a customer oriented, safe and secure system.
6. Acquires and demonstrates knowledge of federal regulations, local ordinances, state law, and MARTA Police emergency and safety procedures.
·This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE. Participation in MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination
·Must be able to speak and communicate clearly and perform all aspects of the position of Police Officer
·A physical examination, including drug/alcohol screen, psychological test and physical agility test will be required
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.