Website Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
One of the largest transit agencies in the United States
A CDL/CDL Permit is required for the position*
(These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive, and do not include marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the essential job functions.)
1. Drives and operates a commercial passenger bus, transporting passengers to and from scheduled stops, announcing major stops, transfer points, other announcements as requested/required. Collects proper fares and validates passes and identification cards, utilizing electronic fare registering and collection equipment. Exercises reasonable care in the handling of funds and other valuables, to include proper reporting of lost articles. Courteously provide schedule, route, and fare information to passengers seeking assistance.
2. Assists disabled passengers in boarding, riding, and alighting in a safe manner. Operates wheelchair lifts or scooters and secure equipment of affected passengers in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
3. Maintains, supports, and promotes a safe work environment at all times. Conducts routine bus inspections of assigned vehicle before and after daily run (pre-trip and post trip inspections) in conformance with all applicable safety and operation procedures. Documents inspection findings. Promptly engages Bus Operations Control Center (BCC) MARTA Police in cases of passenger unruly conduct and/or any threat to passenger or safety of self.
4. Prepares and submits accident and incident reports in a timely manner utilizing proper forms and in accordance with established guidelines.
5. Uses Bus phone and logs into the Automated Vehicle Locator (AVL) to communicate with equipment failures, schedule delays, hazardous or dangerous conditions along bus route and passenger loading zones, to include such hazards as unusual traffic, road conditions, obstructions, construction, potential criminal activity, etc.
6. Performs other assigned tasks as requested.
A maximum of one (1) moving violation, with a maximum of three (3) points on Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) within a 24 month period. DUI violations are not allowed.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Must pass required pre-employment tests.
3. Dependable transportation to report to work.
The following information applies to internal applicants only:
All internal applicants will have a record evaluation check to determine whether they are eligible to advance to the interview process. Candidates will be automatically disqualified for consideration if their employment record for the twelve (12) months preceding the date of the posting reflects any of the following:
· A combined total of no more than three (3) occurrences and/or lose outs (tardies)
· No instances of absence without leave (AWOL)
· No disciplinary actions
· No valid customer complaints
· Employee has not successfully completed probationary period
Notes: Record evaluation will be conducted based on the twelve months preceding the initial date of the posting. Candidates must remain ingood standing once selected through the job screening and offer process. Failure to remain in good standing based on the criteria listed above will disqualify any candidate.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy. This position has been identified as SAFETY SENSITIVE.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.