OUT Georgia Impact Fund, powered by United Way of Greater Atlanta
OUT Georgia Business Alliance and United Way of Greater Atlanta have launched the OUT Georgia Impact Fund to drive a meaningful, measurable, and lasting impact for LGBTQ+ communities across the Greater Atlanta region.
The OUT Georgia Impact Fund, powered by United Way of Greater Atlanta, will be guided by a community-led advisory committee to make grants to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations advancing the following designated priorities:
- Serve individuals, children and families who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and other gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations;
- Support LGBTQ+ youth to be stable, secure, and college & career ready;
- Support LGBTQ+ adults and families to address urgent needs and secure resources in an accessible and equitable environment;
- Invest in small businesses;
- Build awareness of inequities and how to be more equity centered; promote advocacy within LGBTQ+ community; and
- Build broader public awareness of and increase investments to Black-led and Trans-led LGBTQ+ organizations.
After introducing the concept during the chamber’s Business Summit & Community Honors event in late 2020, the two nonprofit organizations formally launched the OUT Georgia Impact Fund in January 2021, with an initial goal of raising $100,000 to directly support nonprofits advancing LGBTQ+ individuals, youth, families, businesses, and communities.
“As OUT Georgia continues our growth as the state’s only LGBTQ+ and allied chamber of commerce, our leadership challenged the entire organization to commit to a safer, more inclusive, and more equitable Georgia,” said Chris Lugo, Executive Director of the OUT Georgia Business Alliance.
“This unique partnership allows us to bring that commitment to life by leveraging what United Way of Greater Atlanta does best: bring together people and resources to tackle complex issues and drive sustainable positive change to help our community thrive.”
“United Way of Greater Atlanta’s vision and mission center on inclusion and equity. Our vision is that Greater Atlanta is a community where all individuals and families thrive regardless of race, gender identity, or sexual orientation,” says Milton J. Little, Jr., President and CEO of United Way of Greater Atlanta.
“We’re proud to partner with OUT Georgia to create a measurable and lasting impact for LGBTQ+ communities across the Greater Atlanta’s 13-county region.”
HOW TO SUPPORT
Individuals, families, businesses, employees, foundations, and corporations are encouraged to make a difference for the LGBTQ+ community by making a tax-deductible contribution to the OUT Georgia Impact Fund, with the first grants to be distributed to selected organizations in 2022.
Interested in designated employee giving or larger contributions from a foundation / corporation? Connect with Chris Lugo to learn more about supporting the OUT Georgia Impact Fund.