Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible electrical engineering experience. Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia or the ability to obtain Georgia registration via reciprocity within six months is required. Working knowledge of the latest Auto-Cad program is desired. Experience with rapid rail transportation systems is desired. This job may be found in more than one Department of the Authority. Previous electrical engineering experience in the area being recruited for (Construction, Engineering, or Rail Car Maintenance) is highly desired. Master’s degree may be substituted for two years of required experience.
The selection process may include one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such aspractical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Performs a variety of the most complex electrical engineering work in designing, planning, and overseeing the construction, installation, operations and maintenance of electronic components, equipment, systems, facilities, or machinery used in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electrical energy. Applies comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering, and assigned area of specialization, to complete the more difficult and significant assignments. Works closely with other MARTA engineers and staff to increase safety, quality, and efficiency. Serves as lead engineer on projects and may review the work of engineering consultants, and contractors. Ensures that electrical designs adhere to MARTA design criteria and all applicable codes and standards. Assists all maintenance personnel in comprehensive troubleshooting, testing and investigations relevant to electrical systems functions and operations. Investigates, identifies, and develops solutions to improve the safety, reliability, and performance of MARTA equipment and facilities. Ensures that all modifications to equipment are documented and incorporated into Authority documentation and schematics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares drawings and specifications for a variety of complex electrical systems, components, facilities, and equipment which, depending on assigned work area, may include new facility construction, major overhauls, rail car maintenance, lighting, communications, traction power, facility/equipment modifications, additions, or retrofits.
2. Investigates, identifies and develops innovative and creative solutions to improve the safety, reliability, maintainability, and performance of MARTA related equipment and facilities.
3. Provides lead technical support and assistance in the design, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, and modification of electrical equipment, systems and components. Identifies actions to correct existing equipment, or system deficiencies, and achieve state-of-the-art standards.
4. Prepares and updates design criteria, drawings, schematics, diagrams, and manuals for MARTA contracts and equipment.
5. Reviews and evaluates new proposals/specifications for applicability to the MARTA systems.
6. Serves as Lead Engineer for special project teams.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
May serve as lead worker on projects.
Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia or the ability to obtain Georgia registration via reciprocity within six months is desired.
MARTA is a Drug Free Workplace. Participation in MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program is a condition of employment. Failure to adhere to MARTA’s Drug & Alcohol Program will result in termination. Every MARTA employee is responsible for reading and observing the requirements of the Drug & Alcohol policy.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
$65,894 – $98,840
To apply for this job please visit itsmarta.com.