Website Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
One of the largest transit agencies in the United States
Manages and oversees all operations of the full lifecycle recruiting process. These duties include but are not limited to sourcing, screening, testing, interviewing, and hiring selection of qualified candidates. Leads, plans and monitors recruiting processes, practices and resources to support strategic needs of the Authority. Develops and implements effective sourcing strategies and initiatives designed to increase the efficiency of the talent acquisition process as well as the volume and quality of prospective candidates. Works closely with senior staff to ensure that recruiting strategic initiatives build a well diverse and sustainable workforce. Ensures that recruiting guidelines are consistently applied in accordance with policy and all applicable employment laws and regulations and practices. Manages vendor relationships associated with the acquisition of talent.
This position has responsibility for staffing positions that have transit safety oversight at MARTA and is required to comply with the training requirements identified in the Authority’s Agency Safety Plan. Training requirements must be completed within 3 years of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(These duties are not construed as exclusive or all-inclusive, and do not include marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the essential job functions.)
Manages and oversees the full lifecycle recruiting process for all represented and non-represented positions including full-time, part-time, contract and police. Directly oversees functions to include sourcing, screening, testing, interviewing, and hiring selection recruitment processes. Serves as a liaison with recruiting firms and/or services.
Leads, plans, and monitors recruiting processes and/or functions for the Office.
3. Develops and implements effective sourcing strategies and initiatives to increase efficiency of talent acquisition process, volume of candidate pool and overall quality of candidates to support the business needs of the Authority. Works closely with senior staff to ensure that sourcing strategies build a sustainable workforce that support the strategic initiatives.
4. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business unit. Makes recommendations for process improvements regarding recruitment, selection and employment decisions. Researches and recommends new sources for candidate recruiting, including web-based methods and social networking.
5. Resolves complex and sensitive issues occurring in recruitment process, including review of questionable test results for decisions on the acceptance/rejection (or referral to Review Committee of candidates); monitoring requisitions, applicant flow, new hires, transfers, promotion and termination reports and other demographics that may potentially impact or delay business operations.
6. Researches, interprets, and applies policies and procedures, contracts, rules, and regulations, and past and/or best practices methodologies. Develops goals, objectives, systems, policies and procedures in efforts to identify and attract prospective candidates.
7. Participates and coordinates staff participation in varied community projects representing the Authority’s efforts to promote goodwill.
8. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Manages recruiters and administrative support personnel. Interviews, hires and develops subordinate personnel; sets standards and evaluates performance of employees; provides feedback, coaches, disciplines, and discharges as appropriate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Professional of Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) desired.
MARTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit ibiz.itsmarta.com.